great news!

Hey guys :) I wanted to take a few minutes to fill you in on some awesome things that are happening with the JAL Series. As most of you may already know, Apple Australia and Apple New Zealand featured Just a Little Crush as one of their Breakout Books back in December. The feature spot drummed up a lot of buzz about the book (which has collected over 190 reviews on the Australia site, and 21 reviews in New Zealand). Many readers have gathered here on the website (and in my inbox) to express their love (and even requests!) for Julie and Luke’s story. I’ve made so many great connections with you guys; I’ve loved every second of our discussions about the series. And none of this would’ve been possible without that extra exposure!

But things just keep getting better (all thanks to Apple and Smashwords). Apple’s iBookstores in the U.K. and Ireland launched a new Breakout Books promotion featuring almost 40 Smashwords books. Just a Little Crush was included! Let’s all take a minute to say ‘yay’!

YAY!

Feel better? I certainly do! :)

(2013) Crush

Here’s a direct link to the book in Apple’s iBookstore in the UK and Ireland: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/book/just-a-little-crush/id587902316?mt=11

Please click here to learn more about this Breakout Books promotion at the Smashwords Blog (and who knows, maybe you’ll discover some new writers to follow and share your love with!).

Next, I wanted to share a link to my first ever author interview with Karleen Tauszik of kidsebookbestsellers.com. This was a fun experience :) I look forward to (hopefully) doing this again in the future with other bloggers.

If you’ve enjoyed the series so far, please take a moment and share this great news on your Facebook, Twitter, and other social media accounts. Maybe one of your friends will like it too! :)

XOXO

OH! And don’t forget to pick up your copy of Just a Little Insecurity.

About these ads

One thought on “great news!

1. Nahara
    March 11, 2013 at 10:40 pm

Hi Tracie!!!!! So just wondering if maybe I’m missing something but I can’t seem to find JAL Insecurity on iBooks and I’m dying to read what happens next!!!!!

• Tracie Puckett
      March 13, 2013 at 9:00 am

I’m so sorry for the delay! You’re not missing anything :) The process for publishing on Apple is a little bit different than most other retailers. There’s always a bit of a delay between the publication date and the day it begins selling. Apple manually reviews every book they receive for publication, so sometimes we have to wait a little longer. They ask us to allow 7-14 days before it shows up; so… soon, I hope!

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it’ll show up soon :)

2. Claire Bennett
    March 27, 2013 at 5:51 am

When is just a little surprise coming out?????

• Tracie Puckett
      March 30, 2013 at 8:31 am

Because of my busy, busy, busy schedule, I won’t be able to get this next one out until the end of April. It looks like Monday April 29th.

Sorry about the wait!

• April 16, 2013 at 12:20 pm

It’s a okay! No need to apologize for something like that! Your books are worth the wait!

• Tracie Puckett
        April 18, 2013 at 6:35 pm

I’m so glad you guys understand :) I hope it is worth the wait! Not too much longer now!!

• April 18, 2013 at 6:37 pm

In hope it is to!! Hopefully no more cryin this time!!!

• Tracie Puckett
        April 18, 2013 at 6:46 pm

I honestly can’t think of any reason you would cry in this next one :) A lot happens, but nothing that’s too traumatic. However, I’ll warn you to get your tissues ready for JAL #7. That’s your official heads up!!!

• April 18, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Eekk!! Thanks! I only cried Because Luke and Julie are perfect. Haha

3. April 15, 2013 at 6:42 pm

Hey Tracie!
    I just wanted to tell you what an honor it is to be able to read your books and feel like your living them! I cried when I thought Luke died, I literally cried to my pillow when I got home from school. I refused to read the next book until my sister forced me to, so I bought it in fifth period language arts class today and finished the whole thing in 30 minuets. I got home and bought the last one and cried yet again when Julie made Her decision about Luke and cried again when Luke was with that little girl. I can’t wait until the end of this month! I never read its very rare when I do, and this time I’m reading for fun! I have to read 3 Schoolastic Reading Counts books and take tests on them, and sadly your books don’t come up in the search bar. So I can only take one non SRC and I still have to read two more after that! Crazy and maybe confusing I know, but I never thought I would ever ever cry over a book, yours had that much impact on me! I loved it and I’m sad the series is coming to a short end at 8 but all series have to stop eventually. I hope Luke and Julie are happy and stay with each other but we will see! Thank you for writing such amazing and inspiring books! Love them!!

Yours truly,
    Taylor Leigh Morze.

• Tracie Puckett
      April 18, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Hi Taylor :)

I’m glad you’re enjoying the series.

Phew! *wipes forehead* Thank goodness for sisters! You would’ve never learned the good news if you hadn’t read the next one!

Don’t worry too much :) I’m a sucker for happily ever after endings! I’m never going to shortchange Julie. She deserves all the happiness in the world. She just has to overcome some obstacles along the way!

Thanks for reading! I always love the feedback!

• April 18, 2013 at 7:22 pm

No problem! I must say this is the one and only series I really really enjoyed!! I will always be here to give you feedback! It’s really exciting you’re writing back ! Haha

• Tracie Puckett
        April 22, 2013 at 10:22 pm

I’m super happy that you’re enjoying it :) I love writing these stories, but it wouldn’t be at all possible without the love and support of my amazing readers!

4. Gena Kelley
    April 24, 2013 at 5:36 pm

Hey, just wondering if u read my email about my story idea? If not, please do:) Thanks

• Tracie Puckett
      April 26, 2013 at 8:25 am

Yes, I have! And as soon as I’m all caught up on responding to the comments on the blog, I’m going to start tackling the emails. I’ve just had a lot building up over the last few days as I put all my focus and attention into formatting JAL #6 for an early release. I’m not neglecting you, I’m just a little slower these days :)