You know the drill by now, right? It’s the beginning of another month and time to sit back and listen as I rant about all things Tracie. This one’s an important one, so please try to hang in there until the end!
(1) Tomorrow night I’ll be hanging out online with some of my favorite authors (Julia Kelly, Alexis Anne, Mary Chris Escobar, and Lashell Collins) as we chat about the writing process. We’ll be discussing one of my favorite writing topics: plotters vs. pantsers. We’ll talk about both techniques, our individual approaches for writing our manuscripts, and… well, anything else that comes to mind as we’re live on air. Wanna see us in action?
We’re going live at 8:15pm EST on Tuesday, March 4. Grab a drink and join us!* at:
*If you’re one of my lovely underage readers (or simply teetotal (like me!)), you can take the Tracie-approach and reach for your Smart Water bottle (or your non-alcoholic beverage of choice) instead. Fun will be had by all, drinking or not!
(2) I know that March Madness has nothing to do with the writing process, but the name is quite fitting for the way things are shaping up on my end. This is MY March Madness:
- I’ll be wrapping up the first draft of Breaking Walls this month. The sheer thought of reaching the finish line on this first draft is so freakin’ exhilarating! It was a slow, slow start, but I finally hit my stride. I’m excited with the direction that things are going, and I can’t wait to share this next installment of the Breaking series with you.
- I’ll hopefully have a cover for the final installment of the series up by month’s end, but I’ll be honest here: I haven’t even sent in the order yet. I’ve been caught between two different titles, and I’m sitting over here waiting on my ah-ha moment to finally strike, and
- I’m FINALLY going to answer all of your questions and wrap up the “About Me” page that I started a million years ago.
(3) I went home this weekend to celebrate my 25th birthday! While I don’t turn a quarter-century old until this Thursday (only three more days, EEK!), I had to take advantage of the only opportunity I’ll have to blow out the candles, make my wish(es), and stuff my face with delicious cake! I’ll be spending my actual birthday weekend enjoying choo-choo train attractions with Joseph and packing meals for Hands Against Hunger.
Wondering what to get me for my birthday? Here’s an idea (you can’t go wrong!): Buy any one of my paperbacks this month (from March 1- March 31, 2014) and I’ll pay it forward and donate 100% of the proceeds to charity. Learn more here.
(4) We’re going go take a step back from March and rewind to February for a minute.
- I posted a 2014 Release Schedule a couple weeks ago, but here it is again in case you missed it:
This list will remain posted on the FAQ page all year, but please be advised that the listed dates are subject to change. Alterations to the schedule should only occur in extreme or emergency situations. Please click here if you’d like to read the previous post in its entirety.
(5) My family grew a little larger last month! On Thursday, February 20th, Joseph and I brought home a beautiful eight-week-old tabby cat. Her name is Bagans, named after Zak Bagans, one of the paranormal investigators on my favorite Travel Channel series, Ghost Adventures. She’s a ball of energy, an unbelievably annoying bed hog, and has been a true blessing since the moment we brought her home. Trying to single-handedly manage a newborn kitten and an overbearing toddler has been quite an experience, but an experience I wouldn’t trade for the world. Our family, ladies and gents: